Broadband Service Concession Scheme for Students from Low-income Families

Scheme Content

Broadband Service Provider Broadband Service Annual Fee
Netvigator 8M Home Broadband^ $78 x 12 months = $936
30M/100M/200M Home Broadband^ $80 x 12 months = $960
1000M Home Broadband^ $98 x 12 months = $1,176

^The speed of home broadband service would be subject to network provider’s final decision. HKT’s bandwidth specification refers to network specifications of the Internet Services for the broadband line connected from the modem at the premises of the Designated User to the first piece of network equipment or central office of HKT’s NETVIGATOR network. Bandwidth specifications of 8Mbps / 30Mbps / 100Mbps/ 200Mbps/ 1000Mbps correspond to a maximum dedicated downstream bandwidth of 8Mbps / 30Mbps / 100Mbps/ 200Mbps/ 1000Mbps and maximum dedicated upstream bandwidth of 800Kbps / 10Mbps / 30Mbps / 200Mbps / 1000Mbps respectively. The actual speed the Designated User may experience using the Internet Service shall be less than the network specifications and affected by the device, technology, network and software used, network configuration and coverage, usage levels, international bandwidth and extraneous factors.


Contract Period: 3 years* (include one-time relocation service)
*The contract year for F.5 and F.6 students will be 2 years and 1 year respectively, to ensure that all applicants are eligible during the contract period.


Applications can be made through any WebOrganic Concession Centres.


Hotline Service

Hotline: 2922 9200
Service hours: Monday to Saturday, 10:30 am – 7:30 pm (except Sundays and public holidays)
Applicants can contact WebOrganic by email or hotline for enquiry on service details, application procedures, scheduling broadband installation, etc.


Application Eligibility

All full‐time students receiving education at primary and secondary levels or pursuing Diploma Yi Jin (DYJ) Programme or Youth Employment and Training Programme (YETP) from the following families1 are eligible for applying the scheme:

  • Families receiving the flat-rate grant for School-related Expenses under the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) scheme; or
  • Families passing the means test for receiving ‘Full’ or “Half’ level of financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO); or
  • Families whose monthly household income not exceeding 75% of the Median Monthly Domestic Household Income2 (MMDHI) in latest 3 months


Median Monthly Domestic Household Income (MMDHI)(HK Dollar)
By Household Size – 1st Quarter 20213
Household Size Median Monthly Domestic Household Income 75% of the MMDHI
2 18,900 14,175
3 30,400 22,800
4 41,800 31,350
5 53,000 39,750
6 or above 61,400 46,050

1 Household includes eligible student’s family members living under the same roof, i.e. student’s parents, foster parents, grandparents, etc.
2 Reference from General Household Survey, Census and Statistics Department, HKSAR Government(website:
3 Reference from Table E031: Domestic households by household size and monthly household income (Table 9.4 in Quarterly Report on General Household Survey) (1st quarter 2021), Census and Statistics Department, HKSAR Government, released on May 31, 2021


Application Method & Procedure

Applicant can submit application at any Concession Centres. For application information, Concession Centre list, service Terms & Conditions and service updates, please visit Scheme website at

Scheme applicant could bring along the required supporting documents and visit any Concession Centres to get the “Membership and Service Application Form”. Applicant need to submit the filled form with all the supporting documents to the Concession Centre for review process.
After verification, successful applicants will receive a “Payment Advice” from the Concession Centre.
Applicants should process the payment within 7 days and send the payment proof to WebOrganic by email or Whatsapp 5597 6010
Applicants can contact WebOrganic hotline at 2922 9200 for installation appointment 7 working days after the submission of documents and payment


Supporting documents

Apart from the “Membership and Service Application Form”, applicant should show the HKID card (or copy) of the service applicant stated on Part 2(A) of the application form, for verification purpose, and submit the following valid supporting document copies.

Families receiving Comprehension Social Security Assistance (CSSA)
  • Notification of Successful Application under Comprehensive Social Security Assistanceissued by the Social Welfare Department
  • Student card or student handbook2
  • Residential address proof issued within the last 3 months3
Families receiving School Textbook Assistance (TA)
  • Notification of Result (for Primary and Secondary Students) issued by the Student Finance Office
  • Residential address proof issued within the last 3 months3
Monthly household income not exceeding 75% of the Median Monthly Domestic Household Income (MMDHI)
  • Income Proof within the last 3 months and “Family Financial Declaration Form”4
  • Student card or student handbook2
  • Residential address proof issued within the last 3 months3

1 The name of the applicant or student should be clearly shown.
2 The copy of student handbook should include the pages showing the school stamp and the student name. The student handbook/student card should be issued by local primary schools, secondary schools or schools launching Diploma Yi Jin (DYJ) or Youth Employment and Training Programme (YETP). 
3 WebOrganic only accepts the following documents as residential address proof (valid within 3 months), and does not accept Post Office Box Address:

  • Bills or invoices issued by utility companies (water, electricity / towngas / domestic piped liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) suppliers {NOT including domestic piped LPG operators})
  • Landline telephone / mobile phone / paid TV / internet service bills
  • Statements or correspondence issued by banks, licensed money lenders, insurance companies or Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Approved Trustees
  • Valid and “stamped” (for stamp duty) tenancy agreement with rental bill/ invoice/ receipt issued within the last 3 months
  • Notice of Public Housing Allocation issued by the Hong Kong Housing Authority / Hong Kong Housing Society

4 Household income proof in the last 3 months, including salary statements, bank passbooks or statements, income certificate issued by employer, etc. Applicants also have to fill in the “Family Financial Declaration Form”.




Scheme Video

社聯頻道-「有機上網」續助基層上網學習 (28 June 2018)